Powered by Blogger.

WORLD IN MY HEAD (SELF ACCEPTANCE) by UCHENDU DANIEL C.

WORLD IN MY HEAD
    (SELF ACCEPTANCE) by UCHENDU DANIEL C.


As shadow of rejection abounds;
Valley of fear deepens;
Yet, I accept to be me
And drink from streams of comfort;
That I live victorious, a winner-
Of all, it comes within when we don’t
Break ourselves rather,
Life’s beautiful when we break barriers.

How come I strut my jaws
With some faulty thoughts?

Maybe, my game wasn’t good enough;
Oh! What a world surfing tough.

Shuffling multiple cards of duty,
Smiling in absence of pity.

Of course, I involve integrity;
Breaths deep; breaths are slammed purity.

Now, Purity named me dirty;
I feel like shouting; “I hate you Becky!”
Yes, Becky says I’m not good enough;
Mighty as the world spits me out in their cough;
As few as Israel hates Moses for his good,
What becomes of my little works too rough?
The world watch me cry,
The world is laughing but why?


I thought I could play the game;
I hear; “Hey, before you came…
Nothing worth you and your guts”
Father yells when card cuts;
Mother, throws hurt’ng, smiling frown;
I wonder if I own a crown;
I see life’s up-side-down;
Weights of thought in a head too broken.

Oh! Let my visitation
Dwell in a vision of the fun zone;
A territory of incredibility,
Exhausted from combustion of Believe;
Confidence knew my  name;
I’ll never give up if this stanza may rhyme not;
Life’s fine the moment I accepted it in my head;
My little is big, my good is bag full!

Alright Society, I’m done
Listening to your scorn,
Deep in me and outside of me;
The world’s laughing so why?
Because I record to be hero high;
I’ve got tablets of satisfaction,
Unrealistic demands erased,
Life’s good the moment I accept it in my head.


D. C. UCHENDU
© 2020



NAME: UCHENDU DANIEL C.

STATE  CODE: OS/19C/2218

SCHOOL: FEDERAL POLYTECHNIC NEKEDE OWERRI

COURSE: BUILDING TECHNOLOGY

STATE:
ABIA STATE

13 comments:

Hurrah!!! NYSC is 47.

The State Coordinator,  Mr Ayodele Adegoke, the management,  corps members and staff of NYSC Osun State felicitate with the Director Ge...