Powered by Blogger.

Manda's cry for help by Nyege Confidence Bekwele


Manda's cry for help by Nyege Confidence Bekwele



 Daddy please I want to go to school.
"Shut up your mouth you little fool". Daddy said.
'Now go carry that orange and hit the road before the sun melts the dawn cool and make sure you finish selling before coming back home otherwise don't bother coming back'.
Poor me, so I started my lonely walk, keeping my thoughts private with no one to talk to.
I can hear the wonderful song of the Skylark, as I gaze longingly at the children's park to see other children playing with loving parents then I paused to ask myself where have I offended nature. After my long stroll, reach the mine, where I have to hawk till nine, so I had to pretend everything is fine, as I have to plead for people to buy my orange Otherwise I won't have anything to dine.
My heart is broken, because my friend Timi is dead, some say she drank poison because she didn't feel life was worth living anymore when the  big uncle's would in the name of wanting to buy our items, take our pride from us. Whatever it is, her face was red and she fell sick and didn't get adequate attention and so she died in bed.
My hatred for this job is very high, my mum says Dear Manda This is our fate, my Dad says go and do what your mates are doing, if you want full plate.
I think just like Timi, I'll fall sick and die if I walk through the ghetto parts again. This is not the actual life i proposed for myself. My greatest dream is to learn and get a job by it and earn.
When I see other school going boys and girls, my heart burn with desire to study, alas my heart can only yearn to be like other school going children yet I'm faced with these unfair condition not suitable for a growing child of my age. These has to stop, yes it has to.........
Ah but our law does not forbid it. Uncle please help me tell Daddy that I'm tired of walking long hours in the bitter cold.......... I want to go to school. Child labor not good for me nor anyone.





Nyege, Confidence Bekwele
OS/19B/0001

A graduate of religious and Cultural Studies, form the prestigious Ignatius Ajuru University of Education, Rumuorlumeni, Port Harcourt, Rivers State.
Confidence, an Ordained minister (Evangelist) in the Anglican Communion, Diocese of Niger Delta North. The second child in a family of four, three Male and 1 Female.
A born teacher from the smallest family in the small village called Nkpolu Rumuigbo in Apara Kingdom of Obio/Akpor Local Government Area of Rivers State.
His hobbies are: Writing, Teaching, Cooking, Reading and making friends. A passionate Teacher and young preacher for 13years. He believes in change and know it begins with everyone. An Author of a good number of articles and books with just one published.
He wishes to be a PhD holder by his  40th birthday.
Nyege, Confidence Bekwele Aka Confi-Beks wishes to be one of the lead figures in Nigeria.
Confi-Beks is currently serving his fatherland in the state of Osun, Nigeria where he is a member of the Editorial CDS. A passionate counselor, a single yet happy. Confidence strongly believe that every child deserves education and should be able to get one no matter where he or she is coming from.

24 comments:

  1. Nice work my able DOS...keep up the good work..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice one my church teacher. You will go places ..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice one my church teacher. You will go places ..

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is really nice dear bro..more strength with fresh anointing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such an inspiring piece... May God have mercy on those children who are victims of this...
    Keep it up! Bro
    God Bless You more!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good work brother, is indeed inspiring and motivational

      Delete
  6. 😩😩 bravooooooooooo

    ReplyDelete

  7. "Now go carry that orange and hit the road before the sun melts the dawn cool and make sure you finish selling before coming back home otherwise don't bother coming back".
    Reality.... Nice piece. God be with the African child

    ReplyDelete
  8. If we have more of you in our community, I think things will be better for us

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'll be waiting for the hole write up😊

    ReplyDelete

Hurrah!!! NYSC is 47.

The State Coordinator,  Mr Ayodele Adegoke, the management,  corps members and staff of NYSC Osun State felicitate with the Director Ge...