Powered by Blogger.

THE OTHER WOMAN

BY FAITH MOSES ADAMS

"I love you", that was your anthem
Your alluring smile gave me confidence
Your presence gave me assurance
I could see the blazing fire in your eyes when you say, "I love you"...
Those words got me so into you
You were my first and I gave you my all
You took my pride and I became addicted to you.

You were every woman's dream
But little did I know that deep down am nothing but an option and your prey 
The aphorism; "love is blind", has caught up with me, now am in deep tears
I loved you, yes! But caged in the shell of fear of rejection
I was into you, yes! With the clutches of imperfection.

My mind is accustomed to your thought, My entireness with your reflection
Just like the flowers awaits the rising of the sun to blossom, so my heart skips for your presence.

You were the essence for my existence, the reason for my reasoning
The memories of your kisses left an indelible mark on me
The warmness of your embrace created a wall of no go area for no other but you.

As beautiful as the daffodils, so was what we shared 
As tranquil as the waters, so was my every moment with you
As crazy as we were, our bodies never said no, rather we concur to the temptation.

My love for you was epical and real
Standing on the roof top, I could hear my heart screaming for your love
But now, Loving you is an optical illusion and a fairytale
The more I try to see your reason for negligence, the less it becomes 
But nevertheless, Kudos to the other woman!

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow. Such a beautiful piece. I was captivated till the end "kudos to the other woman"

    ReplyDelete

Hurrah!!! NYSC is 47.

The State Coordinator,  Mr Ayodele Adegoke, the management,  corps members and staff of NYSC Osun State felicitate with the Director Ge...