Powered by Blogger.

A SPONTANEOUS ABORTION – AN UNANSWERED CALL By AJAYI JESULAYOMI

 

I can't believe I took your life.

I know now and I knew then, I had no right.

It was a selfish choice I made.

I chose myself when your life I could have saved

 

Arise, o compatriots

But I have deprived you of the right to arise with the other leaders

A potential leader I have stolen away.

I will feel remorse forever because of that day.

 

To serve my fatherland,

with love and strength and faith

My strength, a weakness it becomes.

My father’s land I live in with severe pain.

 

I thought it would be easier to terminate,

But I still feel the remorse till date.

You were one of heaven's angels that God lent me.

And I took your life; could God forgive me?



ABOUT THE WRITER

 Ajayi Jesulayomi

OS/19B/3592


 


No comments

Hurrah!!! NYSC is 47.

The State Coordinator,  Mr Ayodele Adegoke, the management,  corps members and staff of NYSC Osun State felicitate with the Director Ge...