Powered by Blogger.

REVOLUTION OF THE MIND by OYEDEPO, MOSES ISAAC


REVOLUTION OF THE MIND



Do you really understand what revolution of the mind entails? Do you know that it is the first thing you need to improve your life? Do you know that communication technology advancement resulted from revolution of the mind? Do you know that individuals or organizations who refused to change will soon lose relevance due to distruptive technology? Are you really challenging your status quo or still retracting into your shell?

Simply put, revolution means a change. In this case, it means change of the mind or decision to new idea. However mind is the seat of intellect that generates any kind of idea and from which change begins. You need to know that, “Change is constant and there is nothing more permanent than change, change is the most permanent process in the universe. It's a  vital thing to be open to change.

Changing any situation begins from the mind. i.e we first have to change our thinking concerning such situation to effect change. For instance, some years down the memory lane in my life, before I was in JSS 3, I was used to living a solitary life. I detested associating with new people and even I found it less important to spend time with my close relatives. I felt I was fine without anyones company, even though my mummy and my siblings werent in support of the situation. Due to my naive state growing up, I couldnt quickly realize that I was depriving myself of a vital skill for later life. Eventually, I realized I was lacking what is called, People skill or interpersonal skill which contributes to success even in this contemporary society. After noticing that, I wanted a change of the situation but before the change I first had to settle it in my mind and within myself. And right now the situation has changed and I enjoy connecting with people I come by on a daily basis.

Similarly, In the olden days, people at different places could only reach one another through physical letter which if you believe with me takes a long time. Sadly, some folks who detest change were comfortable with that status quo. Few years later, communication technology diversified and caused posted letter to become less important as a routine form of communication by developing Telex which avoided the need for physical delivery followed by fax which allows letters to be sent over the telephone network. However today, the internet, by means of e-mail plays the role in written communication with advantage of instant delivery as oppose to physical letter.

Also, In 1998, there were 170, 000 employees working in Kodak and they used to sell 85% of the world photo paper but they were so comfortable with the status quo and refused to change with time. But in few years later digital photography drove them out of the market.

Lastly, since no one dreams of getting out of relevance, whatever the status quo or current position we are now, whether you and I assume one of the highest, middle level or lowest rank in our professional life, business or we are on a particular financial pedestal, there is an urgent and imminent need to extend beyond that level or gain additional feat. To achieve great feat or extend beyond your current level you need a change, and the change you need begins from the mind.

NAME: OYEDEPO, MOSES ISAAC
STATE CODE: OS/19C/0421
INSTITUTION: UNIVERSITY OF ILORIN, ILORIN, KWARA STATE
COURSE: PLANT BIOLOGY

13 comments:

  1. Good point from there. I was challenged to be open to change which begins from the mind.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
  2. Change indeed begins in the mind. Nice one bro

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a great write up bro.. when someone is not satisfied with his/her situation, change is inevitable. Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  4. This write up is really redefining that, "change of any situation starts from the mind". Keep it up!!!

    ReplyDelete

Hurrah!!! NYSC is 47.

The State Coordinator,  Mr Ayodele Adegoke, the management,  corps members and staff of NYSC Osun State felicitate with the Director Ge...