Powered by Blogger.

Ego; Relationship’s Doom By John Faith Marshall O.


Goodness Essien said we need to get more views for the blog and at such we’ve selected participants for the battle of the views I bowed my head knowing that there’s no way Faith Marshall is escaping this. Twas like a corpse I wished would pass over me but it didn’t. Sad right? I know. Deeping my hand into the devils basket, I picked a topic and behold Ego whispered to me saying “I am Relationship’s doom” My mind started exhibiting different kinds of dance steps starting from yahooze to skelewu to zanku and finally taking a pause at tesumole. I have so much to say but I don’t even know how to start but then again I’ll just start. Dear friend, There is a faint line between high self esteem and ego. Sometimes people say that “ I am confident in my self not knowing they’ve already passed the line of self esteem and heading towards egocentrism. It’s never a crime to be proud of oneself but you don’t have to be egoistic about it. Relationships today have failed even before it ever started. This could be due to several reasons and ego cannot be ruled out. Just sitting here biting my pen thinking of what Goodness has made me do. And this chair is so uncomfortable. However I have struggled to go on. Ego as defined by the MerriamWebster dictionary refers to “the self especially as contrasted with another self or the world”. It is that feeling of superiority one has over other things or beings. In certain situations, this could be good as it gives one self believe and provides the drive to achieve great things, however, this could be detrimental when applied in certain situations such as inter-personal relationship as they could end up terminating that which could have been a happy union. In every relationship, no body is more important than the other. The moment a person feels like oh “I am very important to him/ her”, “without me he/she is nothing”, “I’ll never apologize to him/her” then such relationship is headed towards doom. As the American businessman and author, Alan Cohen said, ‘ Humility is born of the spirit, humiliation of the ego’. Why then should one embrace ego knowing full well that it does nothing but to destroy things and even the person in question. It’s true we often say one must be proud of the things they can do or have achieved but no one said you should exhibit bloated ego. Every relationship should be fueled with love,care,understanding, kindness,affections,respect for one another and many more things I cannot name. It is important to note that no body is more useful than the other in a relationship. Love is not supposed to be one sided neither should any of the properties of love. Remember that you don’t have to be right always For the egotist, being right all the time is closely associated with feeling worthy. Therefore, those who can’t let go of their egos do and say anything they can to always be right. Unfortunately, this happens at the expense of everything else. The desire to always be right can ruin relationships with coworkers, bosses, siblings, relatives and particularly partners. Saying sorry even when you’re not wrong shows strength and maturity not weakness. Do not loose yourself and loved ones all in the name of trying to prove a point. Focus more on the self and let the esteem take its place. No need to be egoistic to make a point especially in a relationship. Remember they say pride goes before a fall. Bury your ego and make that relationship work . Remember that uncomfortable chair I talked about? Well I ended up breaking it and now my back hurts. Nevertheless, Sayonara. 
Sincerely Marshall 



ABOUT THE WRITER 




Faith Marshall is an ON Air Personality and a TV presenter. She is the PRO of still I rise foundation and also a member of the publicity team of Conclave of Creatives. She is also a voice over artist, a podcaster, a writer, and a fashion lover. Miss Marshall has a BA degree in Communications and Language Arts from the prestigious University of Ibadan. She worked at Impact Business Radio located in Ibadan as a radio/tv presenter. She is an indigene of Abia state who is Currently working at the Osun State Broadcasting Corporation (OSBC) Osogbo, Osun state. Miss Marshall is very passionate about what she does and that passion is a driving force that makes her thrive in anything she sets her mind to. Not to forget that she is an extremely determined and vibrant young lady.

24 comments:

  1. Well done sugar rush, this is amazing

    ReplyDelete
  2. *Bury your ego and make that relationship work*

    Yessssss💯

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous writer up, this is Amazing. More grace to do exploit

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amazing, your talent is never in doubt dear friend.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very insightful. Totally enjoyed it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Long though, but I think twas worth it...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice write up but I feel the definition should be more clear..

    You never disappoint.. Big ups dear

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is creative Shugar baby, bigups ♥️

    ReplyDelete
  9. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

Hurrah!!! NYSC is 47.

The State Coordinator,  Mr Ayodele Adegoke, the management,  corps members and staff of NYSC Osun State felicitate with the Director Ge...