Powered by Blogger.

DESPERATE FOR LOVE SERIES

CHAPTER 4


Flore had left my house angrily and sad. As a result, we didn’t communicate for almost a week. However, I didn’t bother because I was very sure that in spite of her rantings and threats, she was already into me, and she was going to contact me soon. I knew the kind of girl she was. She was that kind of girl who was wired to love only one man in her entire life, and when she loved, she really loved deeply. She loved with everything in her. There are very of those kinds of girls in existence. Unfortunately for her, she had met the wrong guy. She loved me desperately and I knew it, hence, was taking advantage of it.


One evening, I was just back from work when my phone rang. I went and checked, and it was her. I refused to pick. She called five more times, and I didn’t pick. She paused for about thirty minutes, and then called again. I picked this time. 


“Hello!!” She spoke.


“What?”


“Good evening.”


“Yes”


“So, since I left your place in that mood, you couldn’t even call to ask how I was doing?” She asked.


“Why should I? You left angrily and threatened my life. So, why should I call you?” I asked, rudely.


“Ok, I am sorry. I was just so pissed that day. You have to understand.” She apologized.


“Be sorry for yourself.”


“Why are you talking like that na?” She asked.


“Talking like how? Please, if you have nothing better to say, I have had a long day and I need to go rest.” I was very rude.


“Please, don’t be annoyed. I just want us to see today, so that we can talk.” She begged.


“You and who? Talk as what?” 


“As lovers na.”


“Listen, I thought you broke up with me and threatened me? Let me just be, please.”


“Are you going back to that? I already said sorry, please. By the way, how’s your fiancée? She asked.


“One more question like that, and I will drop this call. Are you mad? How’s that your business?”


“Ok, I am sorry. Can I at least see you today?” She asked again.


“Maybe, but I have some troubles in my head. I need to really concentrate.” I told her.


“Troubles? What kind of troubles? I can be of help, you know?!” She proposed.


“You really want to help?”


“Yes”


“Alright come home.”


Exactly thirty minutes later, she came to my house, and I told her the problem I had. I told her that as it stood now, I needed one million to solve some problems. I had looked for help from everyone I could think of, but there was no help forthcoming. All my friends, colleagues and family had disappointed me. I told her that she was my last resort.


“Babe, you know if I had that kind of money, I would have gladly lent it to you, right?” She spoke.


“Yes, I do. But you work in a financial institution, don’t you?” I asked. You can take the money from the workplace, and I will refund it in time.”


“That’s risky, babe. Are you sure you will pay back on time?” She asked.


“Yes, I will. I can’t joke with your company money.”


“Okay, anything for you.”


“Thank, you babe. I am so happy.” I said, happily.


I jumped from my seat and met her in hers and started kissing her. She responded like she was waiting for it. She had badly missed my attention. We made love in the living room, and she was all over me. She really loved me.


The next day, she wired the complete amount to me. I didn’t even say thanks. I was like, why would I be telling her thanks when I would be paying her back? The very next day, I called my fiancée, and we went on vacation to a coastal resort. We booked the most expensive hotel suite and ordered the most expensive meals and champagne. For two weeks, we had non-stop enjoyment. It was a vacation we had been planning for almost a year. 


All through that period, Flore had been calling me, but I had been avoiding her calls, when she kept persisting, I got annoyed and blocked her calls. I also blocked her on WhatsApp. I didn’t want my fiancée to have any suspicions. I was afraid of her anger which was very fiery. 


Vacation was over now, and I was back to town. Flore knew I would be terribly vexed if she came to my house without calling. So, though I had already unblocked her calls, she chose to come to my office instead. It was the secretary who ushered her in.


“I have tried calling you all this while without success. What has been happening?”


“I am sorry babe. You know I forget my charger before travelling. Then my phone too was giving me serious headache.” I lied. 


She knew I was lying but didn’t want to press the matter for fear of getting me angry. 


“Babe, the money is due. I need to put the money back into the company’s account before anyone notices.”


“Oh!! I understand babe. But can you imagine that I have not been able to raise that money? I need more time, please.” I spoke.


“So, what am I going to do? I will be in serious trouble if I don’t pay that money. Please, you have to do something.” She begged.


“What is your problem now?” I asked angrily. “I said I don’t have the money now. What do you want me to do? Do you want me to go and rob someone?”


“I am not saying that you should steal. You know I love you so much and I will never wish something like that to you. I just want us to look for a means to raise the money. Alright, since it has come to this, and we are running out of time, let’s raise the money together. I will do my own part, but please, my love, do yours too.” She tried to reason with me.


“Alright, I have heard. I will try.” I said, offhandedly. “Can you go now? I have to get back to work."


She left my office sadly. I felt a bit of pity for her but what could I do? I figured she would have to look for a means to raise the money. If only she knew how I spent the money. If only she knew that for the past weeks, all throughout the period that my line wasn’t available, I was with my fiancée enjoying in a resort.


The deadline for paying the money had come and passed. I was seriously avoiding her. I didn’t take her calls and made sure the security man didn’t allow her into my office. When she rang the bell to my apartment, I didn’t answer. I had no money to give her. She stopped calling or looking for me. I was shocked that she had stopped calling. I thought she had finally developed a strong heart and will power and had decided to move on. However, when it got to two weeks and she still hadn’t called, I was curious instead of being worried and decided to somehow check on her though I had no money for her. 


When I closed from work that day, I went to her company and was surprised to find someone else sitting at her desk. I greeted the young lady and asked where Flore was, and I was shocked by her response. She said Flore had been put in jail for defrauding the company of a huge sum of a million. 


TO BE CONTINUED…

1 comment:

Hurrah!!! NYSC is 47.

The State Coordinator,  Mr Ayodele Adegoke, the management,  corps members and staff of NYSC Osun State felicitate with the Director Ge...