Powered by Blogger.

SUCCESS IS NOT ENOUGH By Adenitan Joseph

The noontide sun sent it's shining rays of light through the plain glass window of my well furnished office, as I sat on a cushion chair close to the window reading my diary.
At intervals, I peeped through the window to see different people  walking swiftly on the street to avoid the scorching sun.
I flipped gently through the pages of the diary, catching a glimpse of recorded achievements and my heart was filled pride.
Standing up, I took a brisk walk round my office with my eyes fixated at the wall beautifully designed with various awards I had won and my favorite portrait balanced on the mahogany desk.
I Traveled round the world to significant places and tasted all the pleasures life would have ever presented to someone of my class. Isn’t that amazing?
Yet, the curiosity to measure the level of my success kept me wondering and I asked myself  what the value of success would be without an outstanding number of followers
What is success when my name cannot be etched on the lips of the under privileged whose lives have changed positively from the empowerment schemes presented to them.
Tell me what the value of success is when I have no peace within me? Is the word "success" enough to describe my self glories without affecting a life to rise to stardom.
Success,  they say is relative, that is, what people actually term success differs from individual to individual. 
Just like the famous quote of economists; "human want is insatiable”, this statement cuts across every aspects of our lives, this implies that till we reach the level of  satisfaction where we can point at the achievements we have made in making people better, then we can't say success is enough.
Success is not enough until we embrace excellence and become an influence in our society.
Success is not enough until we wake up to the understanding of selfless service and acts of giving out to the less privileged who do not have to repay us. 
Remember, You are not a successful leader till you raise a successful follower. 
Success is never enough! 

ABOUT THE WRITER 

Adenitan Joseph
OS/19B/1891
Graduated from Federal university of Agriculture Abeokuta
Studied Plant Breeding and seed Technology

25 comments:

  1. Thoughtful and touching ..nice write up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome! More wisdom and more inspirations to you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is great. Very insightful. Success isn't enough bro.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome.More wisdom bro, more wisdom is all I can say. Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is superb. more ink to your pen

    ReplyDelete
  6. This captures the regular man heart desires, very relatable and well penned.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good write up leader, more ink to ur pen

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nice Writeup bro
    I feel touched

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nice one friend ,higher u go,more wins on our way

    ReplyDelete

Hurrah!!! NYSC is 47.

The State Coordinator,  Mr Ayodele Adegoke, the management,  corps members and staff of NYSC Osun State felicitate with the Director Ge...