Powered by Blogger.

A LETTER TO MY MENSTRUATION.

By Mercy Harold
June 24, 2018

Dear Monthly Visitor,

   I expected a different knock at the doors of my womb,i looked out for nausea and dark areolas, cravings and morning sicknesses; but you tickled my vanity and soared painfully like fat raindrops between my legs,

   We always glare at each other every month, but this time I expected another visitor, My personal arsenal wants to flare up at the unusual fatness shooting at the expectance of a child, I want to feel a child strapped at my back, feel the cligyness at my breast as I feed my child, I want to form a coherent thought of being called "mother,mama or mom". I agree that your a monthly visitor but I want to reach my sunset, I solicit for a space of nine(9) months, nine months for my pregnancy to scream outside as a label, dancing and dangling in the eyes of those that called me barren, in the eyes of my mother inlaw to shut her rythmic screams of not giving her a child for five years.

   I hope you understand, i would definitely see you after I bathe my child in a washed sky and kiss the colour rising from her cheeks.
I am not desperate am just a woman.

You're faithfully
Black woman.

No comments

Hurrah!!! NYSC is 47.

The State Coordinator,  Mr Ayodele Adegoke, the management,  corps members and staff of NYSC Osun State felicitate with the Director Ge...